Dear Moderator

Hello and welcome to my blog, you will find that on this blog, of Hannah McGrail, there is research and planning. I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself whilst you're reading through my work which I spent much time on creating for you.
You will find moderator, that the research and planning begins in September and my final magazine piece, is below this.
Thank you and enjoy Moderator :)

Monday 26 March 2012

Evaluation - Question 1 Context.


                                                                      Use

I used the picture positioning from the nme magazine on my magazine as I think it looked good on the nme and wanted it for my magazine. I also like how the positioning causes it to be the first thing that is seen when you see the contents and so would attract people when they see it. 

I used the subheadings from the nme as I wanted my headings to stand out on my background, I also used it as it easy to see the section of the magazine that you might be looking for.  It was also good as it was matching to my house style.

I used the layout from the nme magazine on my magazine as I wanted it to be clear what was in the magazine and I also think it was suiting to the genre of the magazine as it wasn't all compact like the front cover was, instead it was easy to read and see what is inside. 

                                                                Develop 

I developed the background of the magazine as I think that the black colour was more suiting to the rock genre, the white wouldn't have had the same effect. As nme is a more subtle rock genre, unlike mine.

                                                             Challenge

I challenged the shot type by using two pictures instead of one as my main. I used a medium close up as appose the extreme long shot of the band. I used the medium close up as I think it looked better for a solo shot, the long shot looked good as it was a group.

The title of 'contents' was different as mine was much bigger, as I wanted to make the colour stand out on the black background so the context page didn't look too dull. I also thought that the font of the contexts expressed the genre of the magazine well.

No comments:

Post a Comment