Dear Moderator

Hello and welcome to my blog, you will find that on this blog, of Hannah McGrail, there is research and planning. I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself whilst you're reading through my work which I spent much time on creating for you.
You will find moderator, that the research and planning begins in September and my final magazine piece, is below this.
Thank you and enjoy Moderator :)

Monday 26 March 2012

Evaluation - Question 1 Front Cover.





                                            Use. 

The OREN sign was placed in the middle of my magazine and copied the stroke of the 'Biffy Clyro' as I liked the appearance. I also copied the subheading idea, and the background of the subheading. For this I used brusheeze on the internet and downloaded what I thought was a suitable and matching brush, and I think this added the same effect to emphasize the genre of my magazine, despite using a different colour due to my house style. 

I copied the poster idea, as I seen that on the Kerrang the spacing was very compact and tight, I seen that all the space was taken up. I wanted to copy this and thought that the poster idea, was ideal to my magazine as not only would it attract people, but due to the shot type, and colour surrounding the posters it was matching to the genre.

I finally used the idea of the + sign and the listing of the bands which are to be in the magazine, also placed at the same position of which the Kerrang magazine had chosen, as once again I thought it was a good way to take up the space, and make my magazine look more compact and as space consuming as my magazine influence. 

                                      Develop 

I chose to have a single shot instead of a group shot, purely because I thought if there was one person in the framing then it would provide more space to put subheadings, I was also trying to avoid it looking identical to the Kerrang magazine.

With the exclusive section of the magazine I decided to place it in a different place on the magazine as the spacing from the front cover looked too much in the corner where the kerrang had chosen to place the exclusive. I also chose a different font and shot type to make my magazine appear different.

For my masthead I had chosen to have a different font style and a different colour to make my magazine more original and matching to my houses style, also if I had chosen to do black it wouldn't stand out as much on my magazine.

                                                               Challenge

I chosen a different shot type for the main picture on my magazine. I decided to go for a long shot in comparison to the Kerrang magazine which was a medium shot. I had chosen a long shot as I thought that the clothing that was on show would express the genre of the magazine.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment