Dear Moderator

Hello and welcome to my blog, you will find that on this blog, of Hannah McGrail, there is research and planning. I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself whilst you're reading through my work which I spent much time on creating for you.
You will find moderator, that the research and planning begins in September and my final magazine piece, is below this.
Thank you and enjoy Moderator :)

Thursday 13 October 2011

Research and Planning: My target audience

My music magazine is going to have a certain audience. The common age of my audience which I shall aim my magazine at, will be 17, preferably male due to the alternate style of the male characters and colors which will be featured on the cover of my magazine, made to attract the male attention.

I imagine my audience to be students in college, most of which would be studying a music related course, however some may not and some may have just have a strong passion for this kind of music. My audience would be the middle class as they're aspiring to do better and some may have jobs as well as their education.  Due to some of the students have jobs their wealth may exceed that of other students meaning that they would be able to afford the price of my magazine, although other students may be able to get £3 to buy the magazine, as it isn't really that high of a price.

Things my target audience may be interested in could include things such as a passion for music of course as this is a music magazine, but also things like festivals, instruments and interests into the lives of the musicians that my magazine would feature. Each of these things are associated with the music as a topic and would therefore attract this specific audience. As a result of the audience being students, they are therefore going to aspire to have a much better life and outlook on he future, which is why i expect that they're in higher education. My audience, may aspire to work in the music industry when they approach an older age.

I will reach to my audience by using effective colors which would immediately grab their attention, I would use pictures of bands or even solo artists in which they're performing specific poses and have a certain facial expression would be parallel to the genre of the magazine, by this I mean that you usually see quite aggressive or moody expressions for a genre like this, I would also use the sell-lines to emphasize the information in the magazine. I would all these features to grab the attention of my audience.

A typical example of a person that I aim to attract would be...

No comments:

Post a Comment