Dear Moderator

Hello and welcome to my blog, you will find that on this blog, of Hannah McGrail, there is research and planning. I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself whilst you're reading through my work which I spent much time on creating for you.
You will find moderator, that the research and planning begins in September and my final magazine piece, is below this.
Thank you and enjoy Moderator :)

Friday 21 October 2011

Research And planning: Double page spread anaylsis.




This double page spread is from Q magazine. It features Lady GaGa in dark and negative colours, with a giant L on the opposite page in bright red, this draws the eyes to the page due to the 3 colour rule which it sticks to here. The page also draws attention due to the medium close up of the artist and the facial expression which the artist is performing. The facial expression is appropriate to the magazine as it is typical of the artist to have an expression of moodiness and to convey the impression of the bad guy/girl image, this is done here by the use of the make up, the jewellery and the effective colour use. This together compliments the genre of the magazine and sticks to the overall house style.

The text on this double page spread seems very small and quite packed. In my magazine I would make my text slightly larger or maybe make the picture smaller so some of the text could spread across the two pages. This is so it wouldn't appear as a struggle to read as this double page spread does to me.

The page features a sub heading of 'lady GAGA' this is so the reader knows what this double page spread is regarding if they didn't recognize the artist first time from the picture. This page overall seems very organize and isn't all jumbled up or thrown onto the paper. I will consider the style of this page when I come to make my double page spread as I think this one works really well in this magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment